1. FALL IN LOVE; REALLY SEIZE IT. THE GUY PROBABLY WON’T BE THE ONE. BUT THAT’S HOW YOU LEARN WHO YOU ARE.
It definitely take guts to open yourself up to another person and give in completely to love. It’s always a risk… you are giving someone a precious thing- your heart and trusting they will not break it. But it’s definitely a risk worth taking. Love can hurt like hell but it can also be the best feeling in the world.
2. BE YOURSELF ESPECIALLY IN A RELATIONSHIP. WE STILL LIVE IN THE SEXIST WORLD WHERE WOMEN OFTEN TWIST THEMSELVES INTO WHAT THEY THINK A MAN WANTS IN ORDER TO HAVE HIM. PUT YOURSELF BEFORE PLEASING A GUY AND YOU’RE MORE LIKELY TO FIND THE GUY WHO’S RIGHT.
So freakin true. I think its easy to get caught up in what we hope a situation is or what we WANT it to be. Sometimes we change ourselves to try to make our fantasy become reality. I believe, and this might just be the optimist in me that has been shining through lately, that when it’s true love there will be no twisting needed.
3. MAKE A FIRM PLAN TO MOVE OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE. SAY I’LL WORK THIS ENTRY LEVEL JOB FOR TWO YEARS, AND THEN, NO MATTER WHAT, I’M MOVING ON.
It is so easy to get caught in a routine, to stay in something that is comfortable, safe. Not just with jobs but with relationships too. When I took my current entry level job, I knew that this was just my starting point. I knew that this was not going to be my life career and I constantly reminded myself to not get so comfortable that I stay just because I’m scared to leave my comfort zone. The longer I’m there, the more comfortable I get but this was a good reminder to maybe set a goal of when I’d like to move onto the next step.
4. TRY EVERYTHING YOU FIND INTERESTING, EVEN IF IT’S QUIRKY OR ODD. WHEN I WAS 20, I SIGNED UP FOR TAP DANCING CLASS AT CARNEGIE HALL. IT WAS FULL OF 12 YEAR OLDS BUT I’D ALWAYS WANTED THEM.
There’s many things that I have yet to try and sometimes I do ask myself, what am I waiting for? Now is the time..
5. DARE TO ASK, WHAT IS MY PURPOSE HERE? YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO ANSWER IT, BUT YOU’LL LEARN A LOT IN THE PROCESS.
So, ever since I heard about this list, I have been thinking about what it means to be a Gutsy Girl. I think wanting to go back to The Ex is a little bit of the easy solution to feeling lonely. I think the gutsy thing to do is to be alone and learn to be happy with that. Don’t get me wrong, I feel like there are still strong feelings left between The Ex and I but deep down, I KNOW that nothing has really changed and we will fail for the same reasons we failed before. Sometimes, it takes guts to NOT just go with the easy solution.
Oh and P.S. I might possibly be at the same party as The Ex tomorrow night which hopefully he won’t attend because I’m pretty sure the alcohol would make my Gutsy Girl thinking go a littleeee fuzzy.