I am a self proclaimed Summer Girl. I love the beach, getting a tan, my hair getting blonder, ice mocha lattes and sun dresses. Days lounging by the pool with a cold beer in hand and nights spent outside with friends. However, one of the very best things about living in NJ is getting to experience all four seasons. And although summer is my favorite, there are things I love about each and every season. I’ve found myself really excited to welcome the Fall this year and here are a few reasons why:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte’s: After spending all summer sipping on iced coffee, I always look forward to my first hot Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season. On a chilly night, holding a hot cup of coffee and having some good conversation with my girlfriends is one of my very favorite things to do.
- Uggs & other Fall Fashion: I have a weakness… and that weakness is sweater dresses, leggings and Uggs. Can you name a more comfortably cute outfit? And Fall is the perfect time to rock this look.
- Fabulous Foaliage: I went to college in the south and while the palm trees were beautiful I missed watching the leaves change colors so much. Especially driving up to my families in NY or Connecticut, the colors can just take your breath away.
- Beautiul Weather: Especially lately the weather is just absolutely gorgeous. During the day it’s perfect sweater weather and at night you only need a light jacket to stay warm. The humidity of the summer is gone and the frigid cold of winter is not yet upon us.. it’s perfect.
- Fall Air: In the fall, there is a crispness to the air that reminds be of being a kid again. It reminds me of hay rides and pumpkin patches and running through my neighborhood on Halloween. It reminds me of the ice skating rink opening again and the many nights I spent with that cold crisp air whipping across my face during practice.
- Fall TV: It’s no secret, I can be quite the couch potato. This Fall the shows I’m commited to are: Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, The Office and I think Private Practice (saw it for the first time on Wednesday and loved it), I feel like my love affair with Grey’s is over, sadly. Is there anything else I should be watching?! Let me know. 😉
- Fall Holidays! Halloween & Thanksgiving: Halloween is just always so much fun. Hayrides, pumpkin picking, haunted houses (even though I am such a scared little baby!), and dressing up for costume parties. Then in November, we get Thanksgiving. I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this but… I love to eat.. a lot. But really, I also don’t get to see my whole family that often except for the major holidays so Thanksgiving is always exciting.
Are you guys enjoying your fall? Do you have a favorite part of this season?
Side note: thank you all so so much for the comments on the last post. You guys are really amazing and I appreciate your positive words, and feedback so very much!! I can never decide how to respond to comments but I like when other bloggers answer everyone’s comments by posting a new comment on their own entry so that’s what I’m going to start doing (or rather, I started on the last post)