Man, am I happy to see this week coming to a close. It was just a heavy week. Nothing terrible happened to me but I just felt like this week was filled with sad news and a lot of reflecting.
When I posted about my bad day on Monday I forgot the saddest part – I came into the office to learn that one of my coworkers, a 27 yr old girl called out that morning because her husband had died in his sleep. They were together for 11 years, he was only 31. Not only did my heart break for her but it was a reminder of how suddenly people can exit our life.
And it was a tough week in Hollywood as well with Ed McMann, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson all passing. I’m watching MTV right now and they are doing a tribute to MJ and its breaking my heart. It makes me sad that the last ten years of his life he has been so greatly scrutinized by the public but now that he is gone, the world is showing there love for him – except that is not what he got to see before he left us. He will always be one of the greatest pop icons of all time. I think that when its all said and done people will remember him for being a great artist rather than all the controversy that surrounded him and that’s how it should be.
I was at my friends house on Monday night and she wanted to watch the Jon & Kate announcement, which of course was that they are seperating. Which led to marriage and divorce being on my mind a lot this week. Specifically, the fact that sometimes parents stay together for the kids (which I believe my Mom did for us) I don’t want to get into the whole thing right now but that has also been on my mind a great deal.
Anyways, if I learned anything this week its to appreciate the people in your life and never take them for granted because things can change and people can be gone in the blink of an eye.
I woke up on the wrong side of the bed
after not being able to fall asleep most of the night
I was tired, cranky and crampy
I was late to work
One of the first emails I read was a rejection for a job I applied to in Philly
My job seemed extra annoying and unfufilling
Plus there were no new job postings that interested me
And on the drive home from work
All I could think about was
Having someone wrap their arms around me
Tell me I look beautiful in sweatpants
Find one of my idiosyncrasies cute
Remind me that it will all work out
Hold me tight
Kiss my forehead
And let me fall asleep in their nook
But there is no one
And most days that is okay
but today I really wanted someone.
You’re going to meet the most extraordinary men, the sexiest, brightest, funniest men, and you’re going to fall in love with so many of them, and you won’t know until the end of your life who your greatest friends were or your greatest love was.
It’s an interesting thought isn’t it?
- The stars all aligned for our spontaneous Myrtle Beach mini vacation. The weather was gorgeous, the water was the PERFECT temperature, the friend we were staying with had off from work most of the weekend and we hit practically no traffic on the way down or coming home. So very, very successful trip. 🙂 Seriously, I think everyone could benefit from more spontaneoous vaca’s in there life.
- Perhaps, it is not southern Maryland that is the land of crazies, rather it is College Roomie and/or me who attracts them. Because boy did we meet a couple of crazies while we were there. There was the bellig 40 yr old man who literally was air guitaring on top of me at the bar. He even kept bumping into me and instead of oh, I don’t know, backing up he just laughed and said “haahaaaa, I’m like totallyyy air guitaring on you.” Then there was the crazy 40 yr old surfer type DANCING HIS ASS off. Of course, he had to talk to us. “Did you two win the cute friends award or something? No? Well then, maybe the best smile award.” Gotta love it. Capped the night off with CR laughing in a guys face when he tried to kiss her and his brother tickling my face and begging for my number. Only, us.
- Has anyone else ever been flipped the p symbol while driving? Let me explain that… I was waiting to turn left at a light. It was one of those times where I could have probably gone but I hesitated and decided to wait for a longer break in the traffic. WELL, Mr. Road Rage behind me starts beeping at me and when I look in my rear view mirror I see him screaming and making some sort of symbol with his hands when I realize that he yelling “P U S S Y !!” and the symbol is suppose to be a vag. Um, wow, get a grip, dude. Has this ever happened to anyone else? lol
- I’m going to Jack’s Mannequin & The Fray concert on Friday and I”m super excited. It’s pretty much getting me through this week.
- My mind has a tendency to wander back to this while I’m stuck in my freezing office and all I want is my toes to be back in the sand:
Hope everyone’s week is off to a good start. 🙂
Your suppose to sing the title to the beat of SexyBack… I’m sure everyone got that, I’m sure EVERYONE was thinking about that song right now, I’m SURE I’m not a weirdo or anything. 🙂
- Vegas Blogger Meetup ENVY! Oh sweet Jesus, I am literally so SAD I missed out on this. I would have liked to meet SO MANY of the bloggers who went. Ah, and it sounds like it was a blast. And I’m really happy for the bloggers who did get to go but STILL, so effin jealous. But it really made me realize I want to go to one of these meetups and soon!
- Mini Vaca: College Roomie and I are going to Myrtle Beach this weekend! We literally planned it like yesterday, heh. We are driving down late Thurs and coming back on Sunday so it will be short but fun. Hope for some good weather so I can get my tan on. 🙂
- Dating, ahem or lack of dating: I’m back at the online thing but nothing much to speak of yet. It’s really a jungle out there, for serious. My friend went out with this guy and he was all “let’s hang out again this weekend.” And she never heard from him again. WHY DO GUYS DO THIS!?
- Randoms: I keep saying “ooof!” in my head everytime something frustrates me today. The other day it was “grrrfach.” Sometimes, especially at work it’s “Jesus, Mary and Joseph!” which is funny because I never say it outloud.. but to myself, all the time.
- Bad Blogger: I realized the other day when I was thinking of my favorite posts that I haven’t written anything I’m that proud of lately. I STILL do not have a new laptop (since my bit the dust, ohhh I don’t know, 4 or 5 months ago!) still don’t like having to write on the desktop. It’s just not the same. I need to blog from the comfort of my bed. Anyways, I feel like that blogging (and commenting!) will pick up when I get my new laptop, hopefully this month! I can not wait!
Got any tidbits to share?
Happy Birthday Blog!
Today my little blog turns one year old. They grow up so fast don’t they? Heh… Well, the past year of blogging I’ve made some amazing blog friends and let’s face it, my dating disasters would have been a lot rougher if I couldn’t at leasst use them to entertain you guys. 😉 Thanks so much for reading and supporting my little corner of the interwebs.
In honor of my blog birthday, I thought I’d link to a couple of my favorite posts this year:
Warning! Handle with Care
Head Meet Heart…