* I was out to dinner with one of my single girlfriends tonight and we were discussing her dating situation. She, like me before I met the Boyfriend, has had a string of bad luck with guys. As we were talking, I remembered a quote I often reminded myself of when I was feeling lonely and like no one would ever be able to love me (what can I say, I have a flare for the dramatic)
Six billion people in the world, six billion souls. And sometimes… all you need is one.
* I would stop and think, all it takes is one person to change everything. One person to understand me and love me exactly how I am. Insecurities and all. Someone who will love me despite my flaws. Not everyone is going to love you, it’s just about finding that one special someone. I believe that.
* Today was kind of rough. I NEVER expected to be so stressed out about applying to grad school. The majority of the stress is coming from not knowing how I will pay for this. My student loans already make me want jump out the window, I don’t think I can afford any additional payments. The only solution – pray hard that I get an assistantship that will cover full tuition. CROSS YOUR FINGERS EVERYONE!!!!!!
* While we are on the subject, after lots of thinking and soul searching, I have decided to get my masters in higher education/student affairs with the goal of being a career counselor at a college or university. I figure if anyone knows how confusing choosing a career/major can be, it’s me. So I would love to help students figure out what they would really love to do.
* I was terrified to tell my Mom about my plan though. I never talked about what went down last year when I was thinking of going to school for school counseling. My Mom did NOT react well. Even told me she thought I would be bad at it. Gee, thank you. But she responded much better this year, probably because it was obvious I had thought this through very carefully.
* I had a thought as I was walking to my car after work today. It was freezing outside and the coldness was biting the exposed part of my feet and chest. I tried to cover myself better and started wondering if it was ALWAYS so damn cold in October. I thought back to when I was a little kid and Halloween would come around and I always wanted to just wear my costume with no long sleeve shirt underneath. (I felt that it ruined the authenticity of the costume lol) But you know my Mom would FORCE me to because it was usually cold. I thought about how I’d be so busy running around, having fun collecting candy that I didn’t even NOTICE the cold. I sort of long for that sort of care free feeling.
* Approximately 2.5 seconds ago, I removed The Ex from my friends list on Facebook. I needed to stop stalking him and his new g/f (who is 35 with 3 kids, who he apparently LOVES after a hot second) I’m not sure how I feel about this.
* And finally, now that Twitter is unblocked at work (yayyyy) I have a feeling I will be tweeting again so follow me if you would like!! 🙂